haha that last picture is so funny. you look gorious!!!
I like that one, too. Thanks, Abby!
ooooh, nice! Excellent choice, madam. But I think you were previously a winner without a car.
2005-08-07 04:59 pm (UTC)
Re: zoom zoom!
Nice of you to say so! We looked at an Element, too - before yesterday, I didn't know what you meant by Element. But it's a fine specimen of a vehicle, as well! What color is yours?
wooooaaah *double take*
youre an owner of a foreign car in a foreign land!
Haha =) It was imported from Japan, so the steering column had to be switched to the left side. All the buttons and things are in Japanese, and there was a Japanese tape in the tape deck!
Your icon is the best!
horray for blue car things!
2005-08-07 06:14 pm (UTC)
I'm no longer a loser without a car!
So now you're a loser with a car?
I kid, I kid!
2005-08-07 06:23 pm (UTC)
Re: I'm no longer a loser without a car!
That I is!
Your car is pretty, but your outfit is great! (sorry, couldn't think of a better word for outfit -- I sound like my mom) Very pretty!
Ditto that. I like your dress.
1. I agree with scottks
- LOVE the ensemble. It seems to just...flow nicely. You look like a happy calm yogi type of person. ^_^
2. Love the new wheels! Now you can zip all over the place with AUTHORITY. Just vroom vroom vroom everywhere!! It's probably a huge feeling of freedom to have your own vehicle after using public transpo and whatnot for awhile.
3. Do you have any pictures of Emirates housing, or know where I could find some? I've looked at the real estate companies' websites that are linked to from the "accomodation" section of emiratesgroupcareers.com, and I've looked at pictures of the various properties there, but I don't know if any of those are Emirates housing...I'm just a curious nut.
4. WHEE! PICTURES!!!!
1. Thanks for the compliment!
2. Freedom is the right word - these taxi drivers were seriously affecting my quality of life. Really bringing me down, man.
3. I took a video walk-through of my accomodation when I moved in, but I accidentally deleted it. =( There are a few pictures all posted on the same day
which were taken in various people's accomodations, but you can't see much. Pictures of the training college and around Dubai, as well, which you may be interested in. Three pictures on this date
, as well, were taken inside accomodation. All the company accomodation apartments are nice. Fully furnished, lots of windows and mirrors, and own bathrooms. A pool and gym as well. And they're freeee!
that's awesome.. congrats!
that last picture is hilarious. zoooooom!
It's been over four years since I've owned a car, so I'm pretty excited. =)
Sweet! Now you can drive to Tokyo and see me! :D
The funny thing is, I think that's actually possible. I wonder how many countries I'd have to drive through?
I'd have to start by going through Saudi Arabia - um, no thanks.
Too bad you aren't in Osaka; I'll be there at the end of the month. Oh, and we were in NoCal just a couple weeks after you vacated it. =( Someday, ne?
Great! so NOW what do we mock you about. sheesh.
The real question is, how much will you drive it vs Don, since you're Mrs. Travellady.com? :)
2005-08-08 06:00 pm (UTC)
so NOW what do we mock you about
I bet you can find something, if you search your soul.
At the moment we're both battling to drive it as much as possible. It's easy to find excuses to drive somewhere.
Nice car, SUV, vehicular object with four wheels and not powered by feet... yeah :)
Hoping to get an escape, as it will be better with a baby but we'll see, two trucks definitely won't cut it anymore! (specially since my belly is touching the steering wheel, heh.
2005-08-08 06:02 pm (UTC)
Re: Nice Car
Ooh, I like the Escape. Wow, the day is really getting close, isn't it!!
Is that the car that you can just hose out the back of it?
Congrats on your more formal wedding in HI, btw.
Nah, it's less Jeep-like than that. Inside it's just like driving a Cavalier or something, only higher.
And thanks!! =)